Saturday, October 10, 2009

YOUNG GIRL PORTRAIT PAINTING , SUNFLOWERS PAINTING




SUNFLOWERS PAINTING
 
 
YOUNG GIRL PORTRAIT PAINTING
JACQUELINE
I did a portrait of my mom holding a rabbit when she was young. I did the portrait in soft pastel chalk when I was in my early twenties. Pastel chalk was the  first medium I used when I began doing portraits. My mother Jacqueline has ten children nine are girls. One would never know my mother is seventy eight years old,  because she is very active with swimming, fishing, dancing, and still rides her vintage bike with a basket in front.  In fact not one of her daughters can keep up with her on the dance floor.  All of the girls in the family pretty much have a lot of the same tastes as our mother, we love gardening especially growing roses and decorating our homes with  vintage romantic items. We made a scrapbook for my mother a long time ago, In which I wrote, that my favorite days when I was growing up was always bread day. Money was tight, most of the time when we were young. When bread day came, it didn't matter if the cupboards were pretty bare, I always felt like our family was rich on that day. We had pizza, cinnamon rolls, donuts, and homemade buns, with peanut butter as soon as they came out of the oven, for me not to many things in life can compare to those days of her baking bread.

No comments: