Monday, September 21, 2009

VICTORIAN GIRL PAINTING, ENGLISH COTTAGE GARDEN

angel victorian girl romantic art painting
VICTORIAN GIRL PAINTING

One day when I was a child, someone had brought to our home a green garbage bag filled with hand me down clothes and various household items. As one of ten children we were always thrilled when someone would drop off clothing that they no longer needed. There was this special day though, when I was eight years old that I remember because I found a small box of soft pastel chalk in one of those bags. When I opened the box my heart skipped a beat and it was love at first sight. The vibrant colors completely took my breath away. I remember seeing purple, magenta and the brightest blue and thinking wow, I could possibly make something beautiful. It did not work out that way, I was very frustrated and angry with myself that I could not accomplish what I desperately wanted to do . It was then after using all the colors that it came to me, I must learn how to draw first. Drawing faces and figures were a special interest of mine I think I liked the challenge of being able to draw someone. For some reason I think I was born with the need to paint it is the essence of my being, my soul, my passion and my reason. This day stands out for me because it was a declaration of who I was.
VICTORIAN GIRL PAINTING IN AN ENGLISH COTTAGE GARDEN

No comments: